Thursday 26 January 2012

Inside the tour bus - by request!

Thanks for the response to yesterday's blog post.  Just getting into the swing of things here now....

We had a great show in Hartford last night - thanks to everyone who came and we hope you enjoyed it.  We tried a few new tracks out including one from Nitrous Oxide which seemed to go down pretty well.

Hartford, CT 25/1/12
Now we've had a few requests to see the inside of our tour coach.  Excuse the quality as I just took them on my iPhone quickly (I should really wheel out my lovely Fuji X100, but have been lazy!), but it should give you an idea of what's inside.

On board we've got 2 lounges (front and rear), flatscreen TVs, DVD players etc, a small kitchen with microwave (which helps for my breakfast - more on that another time....), 8 bunk beds (you can configure more if needed, but it gets a bit sardine-like).  I'm sure there's more stuff I've forgotten, but those are the main interesting bits.

It's like a giant limo but without the tacky flashing lights or hip-hop blaring out.  We're currently a touring party of 8 on here, but it doesn't feel cramped at all, and when we arrive at our destinations we are checking in to nice hotels so we are still able to retain a sense of normality!

Any other questions about it, please ask on twitter and I'll check with our very friendly driver, Sam.  As well as some interesting stories about other artists he has driven, he told me yesterday that we can carry up to 250 gallons of fuel in the tank, so she's not a cheap girl to fill up!

Rear Lounge

Sleeping area

Front Lounge

So, we're on our way to Syracuse now which is another new place for me (last time I think Tony & Paavo played in Hartford so it was new to me).  Do let us know if you're coming to the show on twitter using the hashtag #ABSYCUS.  It's also always interesting to read what you want to hear.  Over and out!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great - at least it seems comfortable :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been to Hartford before? Cool! Did you also play the webster?

    ReplyDelete